Feel-Good Friday – Groundhog Day 2024 Edition

 

Happy Feel-Good Friday & Groundhog Day y’all! So, let’s get right to it… Here’s my top five things that had me smiling this week:

  • Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow this morning, which indicates an early Spring is on the way! So, let’s all celebrate by watching that hilarious 1993 movie Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell. I’m just going to rent it on Amazon Prime for $3.89 (or you can buy it for $7.99).  “I have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned. And every morning I wake up without a scratch on me… Well, it’s Groundhog Day… again…”
  • Groundhog Day the Musical is now available for licensing as of today, Groundhog Day! So, we will most likely be seeing this musical being presented again, and again, and again… I have a soft place in my heart for this show because my buddy Andy Karl (we performed together in Cats) originated the role of Phil Connors in both the London and Broadway productions (picking up an Olivier Award and a Tony nomination). 
  • I am “Today Years Old” when I learned that North Alabama has an opossum named Sand Mountain Sam that also predicts an early spring. And Sam has been predicting the weather every Groundhog Day since 1993, which is the same year of the movie Groundhog Day. Mind blown! Look here for more delicious details -->  https://hvilleblast.com/this-alabama-opossum-predicted-groundhog-day/
  • Sadly, I'm working from home this Groundhog Day because of COVID. BUT, I’m grateful for a seemingly infinite number of episodes of Angela Lansbury’s “Murder She Wrote”, which I’ve had playing on a loop in the background to keep me from going completely stir crazy. There are so many Broadway actors that guest-starred on the 12 seasons of this show like Jerry Orbach, Lucie Arnaz, Elizabeth Ashley, Gary Beach, Theodore Bikel, Neil Patrick Harris, Cynthia Nixon, Len Cariou, and George Hearn (to name a few). And no surprise there because Ms. Lansbury herself was a five-time Tony Award-winner and was rumored to often hire friends of hers to guest star on her show. As Jessica Fletcher said on Season 8, Episode 11, “There are three things you can never have enough of in life Lieutenant: Chocolate, Friends, and the theater.”
  • Happy Groundhog Day! Again… and again… and again…

 

I would love to know what your picks would be for Feel-Good Friday! The comments section below is wide open so let me know there. Have a great weekend y’all!

 

 


·      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kip chats with Pretty Woman’s Kerry D’Jovanni (he/him/Beyoncé)

Come From Away with Sharon Wheatley

11 Broadway Shows in 3 Days… Ready for our reviews?