It's Feel-Good Friday with Sondheim, Prince & Dog Days at the Garden

 

Happy Feel-Good Friday y’all! And there’s a storm a-comin’ so we could all use a little distraction. Here’s my top five things that had me smiling this week:

  • Stephen Sondheim’s final score, Here We Are, has been greenlit for an original cast album. Arguably the greatest musical theater composer of all time (that would be a YES from me), this is a big deal. Here We Are is currently playing off-Broadway, scheduled to close on January 21. Simply put Sondheim himself said the show is about “trying to find a place to have dinner.” Sadly, Stephen Sondheim passed away on November 26, 2021. The recording of Here We Are will be released this spring.
  • I was a freshman in high school when Prince’s lifechanging (for me anyway) movie, Purple Rain, took us all by storm. If you were also a child of the 1980’s, chances are you knew every word of this legendary soundtrack. Well Purple Rain is now being adapted into a Broadway musical! “I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain…”
  • A few weeks ago, I wrote about Waitress: The Musical, starring Sara Bareilles and a dream cast, coming to the big screen for a limited time. But now you can watch it from the comfort of your own home. I know what I’m doing this weekend! Click here for details à https://www.waitressthemusical.movie/watch-at-home/
  • Most people know the fabulous Broadway actress, Eden Espinosa, from Wicked. Her portrayal of Elphaba on Broadway, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and all over the country turned her into a SUPERSTAR. Many consider her to be the definitive Elphaba in fact. I’ve known Eden since 1995 because we used to perform together at Disneyland. Maybe I can find a picture somewhere. Anyway, she’s just as cool as she is talented. Love her! Eden is coming back to Broadway in March playing the title role in the new musical LEMPICKA. Please do yourself a favor and watch/listen to her sing “Woman Is” from LEMPICKA à https://playbill.com/video/get-a-1st-listen-to-lempicka-with-woman-is-music-video
  • I’m so excited because I just found out about “Dog Days at the Garden” at the Huntsville Botanical Garden! The dates are January 2, 2024 through February 29, 2024. Until further notice, that’s where you can find Milo and me. Click here for more information à https://hsvbg.org/dogs/

I would love to know what your picks would be for Feel-Good Friday! The comments section below is wide open so let me know there. Have a great weekend y’all!


Eden is center with Kip to her left (circa 1996)




Milo is ready for Dog Days at the Garden




 

Comments

  1. Congratulations Kip!!! With Love & Hugs and Puppy dogs 🐶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes to the puppy dogs. Not sure why it’s listing me as anonymous but this is Kip!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kip chats with Pretty Woman’s Kerry D’Jovanni (he/him/Beyoncé)

Come From Away with Sharon Wheatley

11 Broadway Shows in 3 Days… Ready for our reviews?