Feel-Good Friday - December 15, 2023

 

 


Happy Feel-Good Friday y’all! I’ve decided to send out a blog post every Friday about the things that made me feel good this week. No big explanation. Just a list of things that brought a smile to my face. Here’s my top five that had me smiling this week:

  • “It’s the day of the show, y’all!” This line from the 1990’s movie about community theatre, Waiting for Guffman, always makes me LOL. Parker Posey’s earnestness as Libby Mae would make the Grinch’s heart grow three sizes. Also Mean Girls is opening tonight at the Von Braun Concert Hall, so “It’s the day of the show, y’all!”
  • We know that Mean Girls the Movie Musical is coming out in January. But today Reneé Rapp (as Regina George) and Megan Thee Stallion released “Not My Fault” from the Mean Girls Soundtrack. Click here to take a listen à https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSFknXcKYY4
  • If you’re a fan of Jeopardy! and musicals, then this really is a Feel-Good Friday for you. You must check out this round of Final Jeopardy! where the category is Movie Musicals à https://playbill.com/article/the-final-jeopardy-category-is-movie-musicals
  • My favorite Broadway show from 2023 was the Tony-Winning revival of Parade. Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond completely blew me away! Well, the show has been green lit for a national tour in 2025. Personally, I can’t wait to spend some more time with Leo and Lucille Frank. #IYKYK
  • My 1987-year-old self is feeling very nostalgic and excited to hear that the vampire, dark-comedy film, The Lost Boys, is being developed into a Broadway musical. And it’s being directed by Michael Arden, who won the Best Director Tony Award this year for Parade. Just please give Dianne Wiest a part in this musical. I could listen to her read, OR SING, the phone book.

 

I would love to know what your picks would be for Feel-Good Friday! The comments section below is wide open so let me know there. Have a great weekend!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kip chats with Pretty Woman’s Kerry D’Jovanni (he/him/Beyoncé)

Come From Away with Sharon Wheatley

11 Broadway Shows in 3 Days… Ready for our reviews?