Feel-Good Friday - November 17, 2023

 


Happy Feel-Good Friday y’all! I’ve decided to send out a blog post every Friday about the things that made me feel good this week. No big explanation. Just a list of things that brought a smile to my face. Here’s my top five that had me smiling this week (in no particular order):

·    Michael Scott will make his Broadway debut! Well almost… Steve Carell will make his Broadway debut as Uncle Vanya in Lincoln Center’s production of Uncle Vanya. Fingers crossed that Dwight will be cast as Astrov. And if you’ve never watched “The Office” I sincerely apologize for this very confusing shout out.

·    Merrily We Roll Along will be releasing a Broadway Revival Cast Recording available to stream in January. My favorite Sondheim show ever and this current production is the toast of the town! I was so sad because when I left NYC in August to move back to Huntsville, they hadn’t started previews yet. But now I can at least listen to it soon. Silver linings…

·    Speaking of Merrily We Roll Along… Liz Callaway was in the original Broadway cast in 1981 (which was a huge bomb) and she is now nominated for a Grammy for her live album “To Steve With Love: Liz Callaway Celebrates Sondheim”. She performed it in 2022 at the famous NYC cabaret room, 54 Below and it has all his greatest songs. I’m unhealthily happy about this!!!

·   Debbie Gibson, the Taylor Swift of the ‘80s, donated her “Celebrity Name That Tune” winnings of $81,000 to the Actors Fund Home. This highly praised facility is an assisted living and nursing home for people who have worked in the entertainment industry. Also, I “might” have worked for Debbie as a backup dancer/singer back in the day.

·     So, our kitchen flooded and we’re having to replace all the flooring on the bottom level of our home. And how does this fit into Feel-Good Friday, you may ask? Because my baby boy Milo is so territorial about protecting our home that I had to bring him to work with me today, so he doesn’t kill the construction crew back home. Pictured below is us taking a break to visit the ducks in Big Spring Park. And if you want to see more pics let me know. I have a million of them! 😉

I would love to know what your picks would be for Feel-Good Friday! The comments section below is wide open so let me know there. Have a great weekend!





Comments

  1. Milo is my favorite co-worker.... shh don't tell the others 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kip chats with Pretty Woman’s Kerry D’Jovanni (he/him/BeyoncĂ©)

Come From Away with Sharon Wheatley

11 Broadway Shows in 3 Days… Ready for our reviews?